Let us continue our series of best things to do in Bucharest with museums and cultural venues! We’ve made below a good selection for you visit to Bucharest.
- Museum of Senses – for those of you in love with your phone camera, this quirky museum will toy with perspectives and give you plenty of material for your travel albums
Inside Afi Mall / Monday – Thursday/Sunday 10:00 – 22:00 Friday – Saturday 10:00 – 23:00.
- Do not leave Bucharest without popping in to see the National Bank of Romania. Unexpectedly free to visit, you will get a guide who will tell you about what used to be one of the most beautiful buildings of Europe. Booking needed 24h in advance!
- Museum of Bucharest – Ion C. Bratianu Blvd. no.2 / Tuesday – Sunday 10:00 – 18:00. This cosy former noble residence now houses a very interesting permanent exhibition about the history of Bucharest and equally fun temporary exhibits. If anything, check it out to get a glimpse of the lifestyle of Little Paris.
- National Museum of Art – Calea Victoriei, no 49-53 / Wednesday – Sunday 12:00 – 20:00. The former royal palace is now a glamorous palace of the arts. Pop in for a short visit.
- Village Museum – an open air exhibition of old houses from all over Romania. Opening hours from Tuesday to Sunday from 09.00 – 17.00. Tickets 15 lei.
- Romanian Athenaeum. Bucharest gives you access to some of the cheapest high culture in Europe. Visits allowed between 13:00-16.00. Tickets 10 Lei. In case you would like to attend a concert the price for the tickets starts from 45 lei (approximately 10 euros).
Enjoy your cultural experience in Bucharest!